International Conference on
IT-Incident Management &
October 18 - 19, 2006
Conference of SIG SIDAR
of the German
Informatics Society (GI).
*** Deadline for Paper submission EXTENDED to May 1st, 2006 ***
Call for Papers
Information technology has become crucial to almost every part of society.
IT infrastructures have become critical in the world-wide economy, the
financial sector, the health sector, the government's administration, the
military, and the educational sector.
Due to its importance the disruption or loss of IT capabilities results in
a massive reduction of operability. Hence, IT security is continously
Although security usually gets integrated into the design process of IT
systems nowadays, the process of maintaining security in the operation of IT
infrastructures still lacks the appropriate attendance in most cases.
Especially the capability to manage and respond to IT security incidents and
their forensic analysis is established in the rarest cases. The quickly
rising number of security incidents worldwide makes the implementation of
incident management capabilities essential.
In order to advance the fields of IT-Incident Management and Forensics the
special interest-group Security - Intrusion Detection and Response (SIDAR)
of the German Informatics Society (GI) organises an annual conference,
bringing together experts from throughout the world, to discuss state of the
art in the areas of Incident Management and IT-Forensics (IMF). IMF
promotes collaboration and exchange of ideas between industry, academia,
law-enforcement and other government bodies.
IMF invites to submit:
The papers will be reviewed, and papers accepted for presentation at the
conference will be included in the proceedings, which are planned to appear
in Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series (approval
- Full papers of up to 20 pages, presenting novel and mature research results. Full papers will be reviewed, and papers accepted for presentation at the conference will be included in the proceedings.
- Practice papers of up to 12 pages, describing best practices, case studies, lessons learned, or latest product developments. Practice papers will be reviewed.
The scope of IMF 2006 is broad and includes, but is not restricted to the
- Purposes of IT-Incident Management
- Trends, Processes and Methods within IT-Incident Management
- Formats and Standardisation in the IT-Incident Management
- Tools for the IT-Incident Management
- Education and Training in the field of IT-Incident Management Awareness
- Determination, Detection and Evaluation of Incidents and Sensors
- Procedures for Handling Incidents
- Problems and Challenges while establishing CERTs/ CSIRTs
- Sources of Information/ Information Exchange/ Communities
- Dealing with Vulnerabilities (vulnerability response)
- Current Threats
- Early Warning System
- Organisations (Nat. CERT-Associations, FIRST, TERENA/ TI, TF-CSIRT)
- Trends and Challenges within IT-Forensics
- Methods, Processes and Applications for IT-Forensics ( Networks, Operating Systems, Storage Media, ICT-Systems etc.)
- Evidence Protection in IT-Environments
- Standardisation of Evidence Protection Processes
- Data Protection- and other legal implications for IT-Forensic Investigations
- Juristic Relevance of IT-Forensic Investigations
- Tools for IT-Forensics
- Forensic readiness
|General chair:||Dirk Schadt, CA, Germany, (dirk.schadt @ gmail.com)
| ||Hardo G. Hase, IT-Consulting Hardo G. Hase, Germany
| ||Sandra Frings, Fraunhofer IAO, Germany
| ||Oliver Goebel, RUS-CERT, Stuttgart University, Germany
| ||Detlef Guenther, Volkswagen AG, Germany
| ||Jens Nedon, Consecur GmbH, Germany
|Program Chair: ||Oliver Goebel, RUS-CERT, Stuttgart University, Germany,
goebel @ cert.uni-stuttgart.de
|Sponsor Chair: ||Dirk Schadt, CA, Germany,
dirk.schadt @ gmail.com
|Henrik Becker ||Kanzlei Becker, Germany
|Vlasti Broucek ||University of Tasmania, Australia
|Ian Bryant ||NISCC, UK
|Brian Carrier ||CERIAS, USA
|Andrew Cormack ||JANET CERT, UK
|Herve Debar ||France Telecom, France
|Ralf Dörrie ||Telekom CERT, Germany
|Maximilian Dornseif ||University of Mannheim, Germany
|Ulrich Emmert ||esb Rechtsanwälte Stuttgart, Germany
|Günther Ennen ||BSI/CERT-Bund, Germany
|Christoph Fischer ||BFK-Consulting, Germany
|Sandra Frings ||Fraunhofer IAO, Germany
|Oliver Göbel ||RUS-CERT, Germany
|Dieter Gollmann ||TU Hamburg-Harburg, Germany
|Detlef Günther ||Cert-VW, Volkswagen AG, Germany
|Bernhard Hämmerli ||ACRIS GmbH, Switzerland
|Hardo G. Hase ||IT-Consulting Hardo G. Hase, Germany
|Mark Hoestra ||IT Forensic BV, Netherlands
|Klaus Peter Kossakowski ||DFN-CERT, Germany
|Thorsten Lieb ||Avocado Rechtsanwälte Frankfurt, Germany
|Jim Lyle ||NIST CFTT, USA
|Neil Mitchison ||Joint Reseach Centre, EU
|Jens Nedon ||Consecur GmbH, Germany
|Jason Rafail ||CERT/CC, USA
|Damir Rajnovic ||CISCO-PSIRT, USA
|Gavin Reid ||CISCO-INFOSEC, USA
|Dirk Schadt ||CA, Germany
|Christian Schaller ||SIEMENS-CERT, Germany
|Rolf Schulz ||gnsec, Germany
|Marco Thorbruegge ||IT Security Expert, Germany
|Helmut Ujen ||Bundeskriminalamt, Germany
|Andreas Wagner ||Frontrunner FZ LLC, Du
|Stephen Wolthusen ||Gjovik University College, Norway
April 17, 2006: Deadline for submission of full and practice papers.
June 19, 2006: Notification of acceptance or rejection.
August 7, 2006: Final paper camera ready copy due.
October 18-19, 2006: IMF 2006 conference.
PAPER SUBMISSIONS AND CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
Paper submissions are accepted via the START conference manager only. Please use the following link:
All submissions must be in English, and in either postscript or PDF
Submitted full papers must not substantially overlap papers that have been
published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference
Accepted papers must follow the format of Springer LNCS (
http://www.springeronline.com/lncs ) series. Guidelines and templates for
manuscript preparation can be found at the Springer's Information for LNCS
(please use instructions for "Proceedings and Other Multiauthor Volumes" for
different text processing platforms).
Submissions must be made via the "IMF-2006 Paper Submission Site"
We solicit interested organizations to serve as sponsors for IMF 2006;
please contact the Sponsor Chair, Dirk Schadt, for information regarding
corporate sponsorship (mailto: email@example.com).
Imprint / Impressum